Although your home reflects your personal style, trends help trigger your creativity and provide the opportunity to shake things up a little. Here are a few hot home trends for 2014:
- Shower Spa - Homeowners are seeking a serene, spa like shower environment with a curbless design for a spacious open shower experience.
- Open It Up - Open plan kitchens are expanding even further with glass front cabinets and open shelving units to give the feeling of even more space.
- Smart Sensors - Smart thermostats are the latest environmentally friendly gadget to hit the market. They save energy by automatically adjusting the temperature based on your daily routine.
- Back to Nature - Homeowners are adding value and comfort by blending their indoor and outdoor living space. All-weather furniture and outdoor fireplaces are top picks in this department!
- U-Sockets - The smallest upgrade can make the biggest difference! U-sockets are wall plugs with two built-in USB ports that can be used to power devices such as tablets and smartphones.
It’s always good to keep your finger on the pulse of emerging trends but ultimately your personal style will dictate your choices. Hopefully these trends have inspired you whether you’re looking to stage and sell your home or just want to add a little pizazz to your space!